Vol: 18 No: 10 October 21, 2019
Alliance of Parents & Teachers
APT is committed to OSA as a diverse, equitable and inclusive school community. A place where students thrive, and where parents, teachers, and students— together with the school leadership and board, partner to ensure the success of the school.
Please join us for the Monthly APT General Meetings! Download: 2019-20 APT Welcomes You!! – Info Slides
Sign-up for Konstella! This is how OSA’s APT provides you important information & updates on OSA!
Konstella Videos & Guides
See these useful Konstella Videos & Guides
Savage Jazz Dance Company Presents
Save the Date!
General APT Meeting
Time: TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2019
5:30-6:00pm Community Building
6:00-7:00pm General APT Meeting
7:00-8:00pm Arts Emphasis Meetings
Join other OSA parents & participating OSA staff in community building prior to the APT General Meeting.
Location: OSA Student Center
OSA Executive Director Letter
Hello OSA Families!
I woke up this morning so grateful for where we are as a school and as a community. I often remind myself that we have to be taught to be grateful. The nuance of gratitude is that it is better to be shared than to be kept to ourselves.
I AM GRATEFUL FOR:
- For the people who worked on the Charter Renewal Application as a team – OSA Board members, faculty, the APT Board members, APT parents, students and the team of Romy Douglass, Mike Oz, Matthew Travisano, Katy Zaugg, Michaela Peters, and Lori Cheatham.
- OSA Faculty, students and parents for showing up and speaking up and being willing to discuss the present and future of our school.
- OSA Families and Faculty who were visible support at the 10/10/19 OUSD Board meeting and for those who supported us virtually from other locations.
- Students in Audio, Production & Engineering, Production Design, Dance, Theatre, Literary Arts, Digital Media, Instrumental Music, and Vocal Music for providing wonderful demonstrations of what OSA is really about for students.
- The families, faculty and OSA Board members who attended the Annual Fund Kick-Off event. Congratulations to Kathryn Keslosky and Matthew Travisano for planning a fun-filled evening. It is only the beginning of opportunities to come to celebrate the specialties of OSA as a community
- The OSA community as a whole, for building trust in each other and the team who are working tirelessly to be the best we can be for each other and most of all, for the students for whom OSA was designed to serve.
Staci A. Smith
Interim Executive Director
Oakland School for the Arts
OSA Principal Friday Letter
Please read OSA Friday Principal Letter 10.18.19, from Mike Oz
Free & Reduced Lunch Applications May Still Be Submitted!
The extended deadline to apply for free or reduced lunch is October 31st.
We strongly encourage everyone to fill out the application on our website, whether your child plans to eat a hot lunch at school or not! Besides receiving lunch daily, students who qualify will get lower fees for AP exams, SAT and PSAT exams, and free college applications. Additionally, each child who qualifies for free or reduced lunch triggers a higher level of funding to OSA from the state so that we can provide more intensive services for those who may need it. Please go to https://mealapps.ousd.org/
Haunted House: by OSA Production Design
Other Important Dates
OSA 2019-20 Academic Calendar
END OF QUARTER 1: Friday, October 25, 2019
NO SCHOOL: Monday, October 28, 2019
Teacher Work Day – Quarter 1
NO SCHOOL: Friday, November 1, 2019
NO SCHOOL: Monday, November 11, 2019
Special Education Announcement
Please READ the following SPED Letter regarding 2019-20 Special Education Programming at OSA.
After School Program
Please READ and SUBMIT the following ASP Letter and Form regarding 2019-20 After School Programming at OSA.
OSA Student and Family Handbook
Please Download OSA Student and Family Handbook. Please contact Katy Zaugg for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
OSA Bell Schedule
Download OSA 2019-20 Bell Schedule. Be Sure To Be On-Time Everyday! Tardy Bell Rings at 8:15am for Middle School & High School.
Parent to Parent
Events, activities, and classes shared by parents for parents.
Upcoming Events to be Posted Here. More to Come…
- Donate to OSA Annual Fund
- OSA Spotlight – June 2019 edition
- Hot Lunch Menu (Forthcoming…)
- OSA Commuters – Login to Konstella and JOIN the Commuter Sharing Social Group
- KOSA Radio – student radio
- smile.amazon.com – Use this link when shopping on Amazon. It brings money into the school!
News item submissions (deadline-end of school-day Wednesdays) email@example.com
To View In Your Browser, Click Here: OSA News!