Vol: 18 No: 14 November 18, 2019
APT is committed to OSA as a diverse, equitable and inclusive school community. A place where students thrive, and where parents, teachers, and students— together with the school leadership and board, partner to ensure the success of the school.
Please join us for the Monthly APT General Meetings! Download: 2019-20 APT Welcomes You!! – Info Slides
Sign-up for Konstella! This is how OSA’s APT provides you important information & updates on OSA!
Konstella Videos & Guides
See these useful Konstella Videos & Guides
OSA Charter Renewal DECISION!
PLEASE ATTEND and support the upcoming OUSD Board meeting where the decision regarding OSA’s charter renewal will take place.
Time: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2019
5:30-6:00pm Arrival: OUSD Board Meeting
Location: La Escuelita Auditorium: 1050 2nd Avenue, Oakland
November General APT Meeting
Time: TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2019
5:30-6:00pm Community Building
6:00-7:00pm General APT Meeting
7:00-8:00pm Arts Emphasis Meetings
Christina, from the Executive Director Search Committee will be at the APT meeting on December 10th with members of the search committee to answer questions about the process and gather feedback on the skills, qualities and experiences you feel are most important in our next Executive Director.
Location: OSA Student Center
Parents of Students with Disabilities (PODS) Meeting
Time: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2019
6:00-7:30pm PODS Meeting
Do you want to learn more about how to support a young person with anxiety? Do you want to learn more about how to support a young person with depression? Do you want to learn more about disability justice and equity? Do you want to support OSA in building inclusion and equity for students with disabilities?
PODS is convening a meeting to talk about how we can assist our OSA community in supporting our students with mental health needs. We’ve received ideas from parents around the school and we want to hold a space to discuss these ideas and issues and support each other.
OSA “Light’s Out” High School Dance Nov. 22
Calling Middle Schoolers: Join OSA Ultimate Team
Afterschool: 3 O’Clock Rock Program
Supplies NEEDED: Mindful Crafting
Other Important Dates
OSA 2019-20 Academic Calendar
NO SCHOOL: Monday, November 25, 2019 through Friday, November 29, 2019
NO SCHOOL: Monday, December 23, 2019 through Friday, January 3, 2020
Special Education Announcement
Please READ the following SPED Letter regarding 2019-20 Special Education Programming at OSA.
After School Program
Please READ and SUBMIT the following ASP Letter and Form regarding 2019-20 After School Programming at OSA.
OSA Student and Family Handbook
OSA Bell Schedule
Download OSA 2019-20 Bell Schedule. Be Sure To Be On-Time Everyday! Tardy Bell Rings at 8:15am for Middle School & High School.
3 Easy Ways to Support your APT:
1) When shopping on Amazon, a percentage of your purchase goes to the APT as a referral fee. Make sure you sign in through your www.smile.amazon.com account so OSA can get the donation.
2) Support your child’s Art Emphasis through your normal shopping activities. To make this happen, just sign up for Escrip. www.secure.escript.com
Collect Box Tops For Education
3) Ever see those pink box tops on cereal boxes, Ziplock bags, Pillsbury refrigerated/dairy items, Kleenex tissue, Nature Valley Granola products and many others, start clipping and saving those today. The school will get 10 cents for each box top turned in. It doesn’t sound like much but it sure adds up: If each OSA student just turns in 10 boxtops we will raise over $500.00 for OSA without spending an extra dime. It’s that easy!
How does it work?
- Clip the box tops from participating brands and put them in a bag.
- Drop off the box tops in the box located at the security desk at the 18th street entrance to the school.
- Visit the Box Tops For Education web site to learn more and see all the participating brands. That’s it. It’s easy! Your family shops, our school earns dollars.
Events, activities, and classes shared by parents for parents.
Upcoming Events to be Posted Here. More to Come…
- Donate to OSA Annual Fund
- OSA Spotlight – June 2019 edition
- Hot Lunch Menu (Forthcoming…)
- OSA Commuters – Login to Konstella and JOIN the Commuter Sharing Social Group
- KOSA Radio – student radio
- smile.amazon.com – Use this link when shopping on Amazon. It brings money into the school!
To View In Your Browser, Click Here: OSA News!