Vol: 18 No: 25 February 24, 2020
Alliance of Parents & Teachers
APT is committed to OSA as a diverse, equitable and inclusive school community. A place where students thrive, and where parents, teachers, and students— together with the school leadership and board, partner to ensure the success of the school.
Please join us for the Monthly APT General Meetings! Download: 2019-20 APT Welcomes You!! – Info Slides
Sign-up for Konstella! This is how OSA’s APT provides you important information & updates on OSA!
Konstella Videos & Guides: See these useful Konstella Videos & Guides
Hello OSA Families!
In an effort to help us reach our goal of 100% Annual Fund family participation we will be hosting a Phone-A-Thon on February 23 from 10am-12pm in the Student Center, where we will be calling families who have not yet contributed to the OSA Annual Fund. Currently, we have 14 people signed up to volunteer but we need more volunteers from ALL Sub-Pathways! As a fun incentive, each department has a family participation goal, and when that goal is achieved, the whole department will get a pizza party! Please sign up to volunteer! We will provide food, coffee and phone numbers!
Thank you to the parents who have already signed up! And THANK YOU to all of our families who have contributed to the OSA Annual Fund this year!
Kristin TT Robson; Annual Fund Manager; Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Oakland School for the Arts (e) email@example.com (p) 510.873.8807 Join me in supporting OSA
The Results are In!
Dear OSA community,
As you might know, there is an important election coming up in our community on March 3rd. There will be candidates for president on the ballot as well as other important offices like our Alameda County Board of Education members (you can read more about the role of the ACBOE here). The candidates running for these seats often have very differing views from each other about charter public schools like ours, so I encourage you to research the candidates and cast your ballot by Tuesday, March 3rd. You can check to see if you are registered here: https://voterstatus.sos.
Staci A. Smith
OSA School of Dance: Fundraiser
March 23, 2020
See Flier for more information.
Direct Link to Reserve your Table: http://bit.ly/OSADF
Instructions: When you get to the Open Table Reservation page, make sure to select March 23 as the date and then select either 5:30pm or 8:00pm.
Contact for Questions: Renee Hoyer-Nielsen (510) 851-0551
Come to the APT General Meeting:
Tuesday, March 10th at 6pm. (5:30 social time).
Time: TUESDAY, MARCH 10, 2020
5:30-6:00pm Community Building
6:00-7:00pm General APT Meeting
7:00-8:00pm Arts Emphasis Meetings
Location: OSA Student Center
Other Important Dates
OSA 2019-20 Academic Calendar
NO SCHOOL: Monday, March 23, 2020 – Teacher Work Day
NO SCHOOL: Friday, March 27, 2020 – Cesar Chavez Holiday
Pay School Lunches with PAYPAL!
Parents may now use PayPal to pay for their student’s school lunches. The link can be found on the family resources page of our website. https://www.oakarts.org/FAMILY-RESOURCES-/index.html
OSA Student and Family Handbook
Please Download OSA Student and Family Handbook. Please contact Katy Zaugg for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
OSA Bell Schedule
Download OSA 2019-20 Bell Schedule. Be Sure To Be On-Time Everyday! Tardy Bell Rings at 8:15am for Middle School & High School.
3 Easy Ways to Support APT while Shopping!
1) When shopping on Amazon, a percentage of your purchase goes to the APT as a referral fee. Make sure you sign in through your www.smile.amazon.com account so OSA can get the donation.
2) Support your child’s Art Emphasis through your normal shopping activities. To make this happen, just sign up for Escrip. www.secure.escript.com
Collect Box Tops For Education
3) Ever see those pink box tops on cereal boxes, Ziplock bags, Pillsbury refrigerated/dairy items, Kleenex tissue, Nature Valley Granola products and many others, start clipping and saving those today. The school will get 10 cents for each box top turned in. It doesn’t sound like much but it sure adds up: If each OSA student just turns in 10 boxtops we will raise over $500.00 for OSA without spending an extra dime. It’s that easy!
How does it work?
- Clip the box tops from participating brands and put them in a bag.
- Drop off the box tops in the box located at the security desk at the 18th street entrance to the school.
- Visit the Box Tops For Education web site to learn more and see all the participating brands. That’s it. It’s easy! Your family shops, our school earns dollars.
Parent to Parent
Events, activities, and classes shared by parents for parents.
Upcoming Events to be Posted Here. More to Come…
- Donate to OSA Annual Fund
- OSA Spotlight – November 2019 edition
- OSA Commuters – Login to Konstella and JOIN the Commuter Sharing Social Group
- KOSA Radio – student radio
- smile.amazon.com – Use this link when shopping on Amazon. It brings money into the school!
News item submissions (deadline-end of school-day Wednesdays) email@example.com
To View In Your Browser, Click Here: OSA News!