Vol: 17 No: 16 December 16, 2018
Thanks to your tremendous generosity, we are now 73% towards the Annual Fund goal!! Please help us get to 100% of our $500,000 goal by the end of the year!
Whether you help to bridge the funding gap of $2,250 per student, or make a smaller recurring gift of $25, $50 or $100 per month – your gift to the Annual Fund impacts the entire school.
And remember, your gift is tax-deductible!
Ways to Give:
- Mail a check to: Attn: Advancement, Oakland School for the Arts, 530 18th Street, Oakland, CA 94612
- Recurring Gift: Please consider a monthly gift to support your student’s 55+ hours per month of arts programming.
- One Time Gift: Make a one-time gift to support our 45+ stellar arts faculty and over 50 performances, exhibits and screenings we do each year
Our annual auditions for prospective OSA students are approaching! The audition dates are January 12 and February 9, 2019. As always, we are looking for help from our OSA community to help staff department sign-in tables and to be friendly ambassadors for our school. We will need folks from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm; you’re welcome to come all day or for a part of the day and you’ll receive training the day of the event.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. Thanks so much – it’s a really fun day!
APT General Meeting
When: Tuesday, January 15, 6:00 – 7:00 pm
APT Emphasis Meetings
When: Tuesday, January 15, 7:00 pm (right after the APT General Meeting)
Tuesday, December 18
Event: Instrumental Music – Strings
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Location: Sweets Historic Ballroom
Event: APT-POC Meeting
Time: 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Location: Room 302
Monday, December 24 – Friday, January 4
Event: Winter Break – NO SCHOOL!
Tuesday, January 8
Event: APT Board Meeting
Time: 7:00 – 8:00 pm
Location: Student Center
Tuesday, January 15 – Thursday, January 17
Event: Semester 1 Finals
Thursday, January 17
Event: Quarter 2 Ends
Friday, January 18
Event: Grading Day – NO SCHOOL
OSA Grad and guitarist Liam Hardison will be visiting from Cornish College of the Arts on Monday, December 17th at 12:45 in Room 338. Come to learn about his experience there and see if Cornish may be a college fit for you! RSVP at email@example.com.
Students who have been accepted into Global Glimpse should come to a brief meeting on Wednesday, December 19, at 4:15 pm in Room 346. Global Glimpse ambassadors should also attend to share first experiences with fundraising.
Events, activities, and classes shared by parents for parents.
It’s Nutcracker season!
San Francisco Ballet is offering special “Passport Performances” geared toward families with young children (3ish-12ish) and those who just love taking pictures and meeting in person some of the Nutcracker characters. There are many other activities as well as a tea party during intermission that will impress you and move you through the “Story of the Nutcracker”.
- Sunday, December 16, 7 pm
- Tuesday, December 18, 7 pm
- Wednesday, December 19, 7 pm
- Thursday, December 20, 7 pm
- Wednesday, December 26, 2 pm
- Thursday, December 27, 7 pm
Visit https://www.sfballet.org/season/nutcracker/passport-performances for more information.
The Oakland Symphony is proud to announce the launch of Hall Pass, a new program that allows the Symphony to offer free tickets to eligible community members facing financial challenges.
Symphony Hall Pass holders can receive up to four (4) FREE tickets for all Oakland Symphony performances.
Who is Eligible?
Members of our community receiving financial assistance from the State of California as well as Active, Guard, and Reserve Military households.
How Do I Get My Hall Pass?
Hall Pass cards are available from a number of our community partner organizations. Visit the Hall Pass website for more information and a list of current Community Partners.
How Do I Use My Hall Pass?
Once you’ve received your Hall Pass card, simply contact the Oakland Symphony box office with your Hall Pass ID number to reserve your tickets!
- Executive Director Letter, 2018
- Donate to OSA Annual Fund
- Order an OSA Yearbook
- OSA Spotlight – October 2018 edition
- Hot Lunch Menu
- My School Bucks – Add money to School Lunch Account
- OSA Commuters – Connect with other commuters and find discounted student Clipper cards.
- KOSA Radio – student radio
- konstella.com/amazon – Use this link when shopping on Amazon. It brings more money into the school than going directly to smile.amazon.com.