The APT is Coming On Strong for OSA!
The 2016-2017 school year promises to be an exciting school year for OSA and for the APT. We are changing the focus of our organization to strictly support academics. While will no longer be involved in fundraising for the art programs.
The APT-inspired Learning Center, under the leadership of Academic Support Coordinator and APT Board member Wendy Snyder, continues to grow, expand its services, and play a strong role in the academic lives of our kids.
Our plans for the school year include:
- Strengthen our structure and capacity
- Promote 100% participation in the State of the School Campaign in family financial contributions to the school.
- Build and support our school wide community through monthly meetings that include spotlights on curriculum and parent education programs
- Support academics through teacher wish lists, assistance in the classroom when needed, and recruitment of tutors and support for the Learning Center and Academic Support Team
- Support school wide health and safety
- Strengthen school-wide communication through the OSA News, the creation of a family roster, monthly meetings, and Google Groups