2014-2015 promises to be an exciting school year for OSA and for the APT. The APT-inspired Learning Center, under the leadership of Academic Support Coordinator and APT Board member Wendy Snyder, is growing, expanding its services, and playing a strong role in the academic lives of our kids.
For the first time since moving into the Fox Theater building, OSA will have its own performance facility, Sweets Ballroom, large and versatile enough to accommodate most OSA performances and events.
We are gearing up to play a strong and vital role in supporting our school and our kids by managing volunteer forces, sponsoring events, supporting the Learning Center, providing for the health and safety of our kids, and other needs as identified as the school year unfolds.
Our plans for the school year include:
- Strengthen our structure and capacity
- Promote 100% participation in the State of the School Campaign in family financial contributions to the school.
- Build and support our school wide community through monthly meetings that include spotlights on curriculum and parent education programs
- Support academics through teacher wish lists, assistance in the classroom when needed, and recruitment of tutors and support for the Learning Center and Academic Support Team
- Support school wide health and safety
- Strengthen school-wide communication through the OSA News, the creation of a family roster, monthly meetings, and Konstella